Thursday, March 03, 2005

Law firm RSS feeds lacking

In my somewhat random web wanderings, I have come across many law-related blogs.

But what strikes me is what appears to be the lack of use of RSS feeds by law firms as a mode of efficient information dissemination.

In Canada, the only law firm I am aware of that uses RSS feeds to push its newsletters is Osler. Visitors can get the XML links on the Osler site.

At the moment, people who would like to receive newsletters produced on a topic of interest by a variety of law firms have to sign up to each and every one by e-mail and thus face the problem of filling up their e-mail inbox, or they have to visit each and every web site.

Here's my rant of the day:

Rule #1 of information management: make it easy for the user. Rule #2: there is no rule #2.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 1:37 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home