Thursday, June 05, 2014

MOOCs - Massive Open Online Courses or Massively Overhyped Obfuscated Concept?

This is a follow-up to the Library Boy post of October 3, 2013 on MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and Law Librarians.

Yesterday on Slaw.ca, Sarah Glassmeyer, Director of Community Development for the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction penned a column entitled Massively Overhyped Obfuscated Concept – MOOCs in Legal Education:
"As a known supporter of open content and technology, as well as someone who works in education, I like to pretend that people are dying to ask me, 'Sarah, are MOOCs going to save law schools?' "
"My answer? No. No they are not."
"Okay, I guess I could flesh this answer out a bit, and not just because I should have about 800 more words to make this a respectable blog post."
"So how about this: No, MOOCs will not save law schools …but they might save legal education."
"Confused? Let’s start from the beginning."

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 6:07 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home