Monday, January 16, 2017

Freshly Minted Profiles of Library and Information Studies Students and Grads

The website Librarianship.ca has been running a series of profiles called  Freshly Minted since 2013.

The series introduces Canadians who are studying for the Master's program in Library/Information Studies or who have recently graduated and are now working in the field.

The most recent instalment is about Lorisia MacLeod, a student at the School of Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta:
"Is there one aspect of the profession that surprises you that you were not expecting when you started the program? What is it?
I was pleasantly surprised about how accessible everyone in the field is to students. Before starting classes I contacted all of my professors to meet with them and every single one was willing to take time out of their busy day to meet with me. Even beyond that there was directors and managers that when I reached out were very happy to sit down and talk about their training and knowledge base. I guess I thought that as a student, important people wouldn’t have much time for me but I was pleasantly surprised with how supportive the field is of their students."

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share Subscribe
posted by Michel-Adrien at 6:34 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home